Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My dog just are miracle grow, He is fine shows no sign of

Customer Question

My dog just are miracle grow
JA: I'm sorry that just is feeling poorly. What is wrong with just?
Customer: He is fine shows no sign of discomfort but he ate miricalgrow
JA: The Veterinarian will know if just will be able to digest that. How old is just?
Customer: Ten
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about just?
Customer: He is has good health
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 17 days ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. The good news is that Miracle Grow products are not toxic to dogs as such and if only a small amount was ingested your dog may not show any clinical signs, that said some dogs may develop a bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea after ingesting this product, and where large amounts have been ingested more serious symptoms can occur. Previous cases I have dealt with all recovered with simple remedies such as putting them on a bland diet for a couple of days to settle their stomach.

2. If you want to spare your dog any possible side effects then one of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the Miracle Grow that way. If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion { Two hours at the absolute outside } then things should be OK. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

{ Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs }

3. However if you fail to induce vomiting or if any odd symptoms occur then you should have your dog checked over by a vet without delay. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.