Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a American staffy / Ridgeback cross. I have A

Customer Question

I have a American staffy / Ridgeback cross.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: I have A American Staffy / Ridge back cross with the following Symptoms are Swollen ears and vomiting occasionally. he shaking her head. seems fine with no other symptoms. cheers
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual? Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: what it spewed up was green leafs from a salad by it looks. no idea where the salad came from as I have not has a salad or BBQ in house for weeks. Dog is approximately 8 years old. Cheers
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog? Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: Ears feel very heavy and inside the ear is red. she normal scratches her ears. she has not been washed for a week so no water ears. she restless and moves around a lot.cheers
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bonnie. 8 years Old.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 16 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years.

If you feel the ears flaps, do the feel swollen like liquid may be in the ear flap?

Do the seem to be puffing up like a balloon?

Any head tilt?