Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog is 4 years old. He is not fixed. For the pass few

Customer Question

My dog is 4 years old. He is not fixed. For the pass few years he seems to be more and more aggressive. The dog got out of the house and my son grabbed him to bring him back home. One of his friends reached down to help my son and my dog completely attacked him and biting my son in the ear as well. The other boy was bite in the hand and stomach. I know my dog would of done worse if I hadn't of shown up and grabbed him so both boys can run away. When I got him and but the dog on the leach, he acted like nothing was wrong and when back to sniffing flowers. He also has tried to attack the mail man and ripped the jacket of another kid playing in the back yard with my son. He dark and snorls whenever someone knocks on the door. Do you think getting him neutered will fix this behavior or is it to late?
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.