Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

He has a bubble like sore on his anus, Aries 8, No

Customer Question

He has a bubble like sore on his anus
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Aries 8
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Aries?
Customer: No
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 21 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you please share a clear photo of what you're seeing?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Do u see them

Yes, they've just come through. Give me a few moments to reply.

It's hard to tell from the pictures if you're seeing tissue from a ruptured anal gland that is present on the outside of the body or if this is a growth that is present on the anal tissue. I am tending toward the latter. Until your companion can be examined, you can keep this area clean with a mild soap and water used 2x daily and then apply a thin amount of neosporin. I would certainly have it examined to determine if the tissue needs to be removed as it appears inflamed in its current condition. If you do choose to have it removed after your vet's recommendation, I would also urge you to have a histopathology performed to determine what the growth is and what needs to be done, if any treatment is indicated.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 19 days ago.

Checking in, JA Customer. How is your companion doing?