Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have a coaker spanial she is 5 years old and is pregnant

Customer Question

i have a coaker spanial she is 5 years old and is pregnant ive just found thats shes bleeding she is 4 weeks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 21 days ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. A small amount of blood tinged discharge may be normal for some dogs, but if this looks like pure blood that is coming out, I would be concerned that something could be wrong with the pregnancy, especially a miscarriage or infection. It would be a good idea to get her to your vet ASAP to have her examined and consider an ultrasound to evaluate the viability of the puppies better. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 17 days ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how your Cocker Spaniel is doing and to see if you have any further questions.