Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My chihuahua just turned 6. suddenly he has begun shaking,

Customer Question

my chihuahua just turned 6. suddenly he has begun shaking, tremors. He used to sleep under the covers all the time, but for a week or so now he sleeps on top of the covers and shivers. i try to cover him and stop the shivers which works but he just won't stay under covers anymore. very odd since for 6 yrs he's done under covers. He was sneezing a lot for a while, thought maybe he has a cold, but seems fine now. also doesn't want to eat his dog food lately. he looks okay and otherwise acts okay.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Thor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Thor?
Customer: He loves to chew on pig hooves from the pet store.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 24 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is ***** ***** I am working on your answer now. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 24 days ago.

However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me, so could you please answer the following

Can you tell me please have you taken his temperature rectally?

When did he last eat a pig hoof?

When did he last eat a meal?

Is he drinking?

Has there been any vomiting or diarrhea?

What color are his gums?

Is he walking normally or has he slowed down?

Will he jump on and off furniture?