Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a 9 year old Westie who has had a rough year. His

Customer Question

I have a 9 year old Westie who has had a rough year. His housemate passed in April and my father passed in July. We were living with my father to help him out. I was working 5 8 hour shifts and now work 3 12 hour shifts. Took him in a week ago due to vomiting and they put him on medication but discovered he has bladder stones that we are trying to dissolve with Royal Canin SO. He wasn't really eating and then on Thursday, Friday he ate really well but I was home most of the time. He didn't want to eat yesterday and when I go home his eyes would half shut. Stay up with him for 4 hours. This morning he seemed fine; still drinking water and eliminating but not eating, I even fixed him rice and then later had the same eye squinting thing. I am at work and since 6:30 I have had burning eyes. We just had a new dishwasher delivered......I just don't know what to do because I think some of this is behavioral. He was also just treated for swollen salivary gland.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Augie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Augie?
Customer: No, his one eye last night did seem running with stuff in the corner. He's very attached and I know he doesn't like being alone. Got him a snuggle buddy but he could care less.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 25 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am happy to help. So the primary concerns are him not eating the SO well and that he is squinting his eyes? It is one eye or both? Is the affected eye cloudy?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
No eye is not cloudy. I just purchased chicken and hope he will eat that. He's suppose to have surgery Wednesday. Could he be depressed?

I would be more inclined to think he is painful. Does your vet have him on antibiotics or pain meds for the bladder stones?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Sorry. I've brought him to the ER. Thank you
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 24 days ago.

Poor kiddo, I hope he is feeling better soon! Don't leave without pain meds (as I presume that is part of the issue)!

I will ask customer service to process a refund for you.