Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

She swallowed my cut hair I think about a week ago. She was

Customer Question

she swallowed my cut hair I think about a week ago. She was coughing a little only but early this morning she thru up a lot and some of my cut hair. I thought that it will be better buts he still gags and cough. Is there more hair left? Should I see the vet . JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age? Customer: Maia she is the Doberman, 2 years old. Today she did not wnanted to eat, first time JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Maia? Customer: Well she is a bit slower than usual, I could see that she is not comfortable

I have a photo of the hair that she vomited this morning

Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 21 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Because you know that she ate the hair it is possible you are dealing with an obstruction of the bowel. When hair gets wet it sticks together so this could have happened when it was swallowed. An obstruction would show signs of lack of appetite, vomiting, change in stool or stool habits and lethargy.

The only way to know for sure if there is a blockage is to have an x ray done. A blockage may need surgery.

Here is more on obstruction

Expert:  Sally G. replied 19 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.