Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Drank some rain water out of a clean pan, has diahrea, ate

Customer Question

drank some rain water out of a clean pan,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: has diahrea
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: ate break fast just fine, no other symptoms
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: BARON - Doberman - 9 - a rescue
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about BARON?
Customer: Hei in excellent health
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 25 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

The rainwater itself should not have harmed Baron unless something else was present within the pan itself beforehand.

I can give you some steps to take at home to help your companion’s stomach feel better. It often helps to give a bland diet with higher fiber to help clear diarrhea. To make this, you’ll combine white or brown rice, boneless, skinless chicken breast and sufficient water for cooking in a stock pot. Boil on medium until it turns to mush and the breast is easily flaked. If your companion requires a more palatable food, try adding in pureed baby food in chicken, turkey and similar flavors. Avoid those that contain onion or garlic in the ingredient panel. Feed in amounts similar to what he would normally eat. Work up to feeding exclusively until at least 3 days following the resolution of the GI upset. After this, work on slowly switching back to the regular food that your companion typically eats over 5-10 days time, depending on how prone to diarrhea he is.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
has DIARRHEA last night, ate breakfast, is taking a nap with our other Doberman (CHANEL #5) right now.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
my wife is overly concerned and is considering that we take BARON to an emergency VET clinic
Customer: replied 25 days ago.

JACustomer, were you able to see my reply above?

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 24 days ago.

Checking in, JA Customer. How is your companion doing?