Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 10 year old chihuahua is having discoloration on the top

Customer Question

my 10 year old chihuahua is having discoloration on the top of her paws and on her face. She is a golden color and the spots appearing are white. should I be worried?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Veterinarian will figure it out.
Customer: Also I have an 8 week old puppy. Would it be safe for them to stay together or should I sepreate teh puppy from her until she gets checked?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No just the white spots.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, as long as there is no hair loss, itching, or skin changes, we'd not be worried about this at her age. Often dogs will develop lightening and whitening of the fur in these areas just as we can go grey with age. So, without those other signs we'd not be worried and there would be no reason to separate these two.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.