Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She is a 1 year old german shepherd mix and started peeing

Customer Question

she is a 1 year old german shepherd mix and started peeing last night in her sleep. She just did it again and I don't know why
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sammy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sammy?
Customer: She is spayed and it is odd this has just started happening
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just type

The first thing that should be ruled out as this does not sound like a chronic problem is a urinary tract infection. To do this, Sammy will need to see her vet, have a urinalysis performed and started on antibiotics. In most cases, the symptoms resolve within just a few days of treatment.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I could have done this on my own so I am not satisfied with the service. Please do NOT charge me the $14 and I am requesting a full refund of the $5. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also, please cancel my membership.