Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

She has ear and skin yeast infection was wondering if the

Customer Question

She has ear and skin yeast infection was wondering if the fluconzole for humans is same for dogs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Molly she's 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?
Customer: She's been diagnosed with the yeast infection its also making her itch and shake head due to extreme itchy skin odor is bad
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 26 days ago.

Hi there, There are different formulations and concentrations of fluconazole for dogs and humans. Was she prescribed an oral form or a topical? Where on her body is this yeast infection? - Dr. C

Customer: replied 26 days ago.

She had it before and was oral but was couple years ago. I know its yeast and waiting on vet appointment plus regular groomer said yes its yeast

Customer: replied 26 days ago.

I responded ??

Customer: replied 25 days ago.

Molly skin and ears are affected with yeast I've just changed food to grain free gluten free and potatoes and corn syrup free I'm mixing with Greek plain yogurt also but her Itcbing and odor is strong and bothersome for her