Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I thimk my dog may have eaten a mushroom from my back yard

Customer Question

I thimk my dog may have eaten a mushroom from my back yard She is vomiting. The mushroom is a large white on top with a dark underneath.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if may will be able to digest that. How old is may?
Customer: I think shes 2. I just got her.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about may?
Customer: She is very very skinny. I dont really know much about her. her owner said she could no longer take care of her.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It would be best to have her treated by a veterinarian as she may well have mushroom toxicity. You can learn more here: http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/digestive/c_dg_mushroom_poisoning

Symptoms can vary greatly from just vomiting and diarrhea to seizures, coma and death. If you have another mushroom in your yard that looks like the one she ate, take it with you to the vet's office to help identify what variety it is.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JA Customer. How is your companion doing?