Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I noticed her bottom was dirty then gave her a bath in the

Customer Question

I noticed her bottom was dirty then gave her a bath in the area and since she has been outside 2-3 times two times she had nothing but tried and the third liquid came out
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: sh'e sleeping normally now, didn't want dinner . I am concerned she ate walnut shell. we have a lot of shells and squirrels
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: she squats to pee each time she's gone out but I don't think I see pee each time
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 29 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What color was the liquid? Was it from her anus or vulva?

Do you think she is straining to urinate or pass stool? How long ago did she last pass urine?

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?