Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have two week old rottweiler pups and one of them threw

Customer Question

i have two week old rottweiler pups and one of them threw up , i guess what would be curdled milk last night . weirdly enough the one that threw up is the biggest and strongest rottie we have. im worried he only did it that one time last night, but he also did it 3 days after his birth. not sure if hes just eating alot , cause sometimes he gorges when he eats, and he eats for along time even after all the other pups have finished, just last night i also noticed that when he pooped , he pooped like runny yellow mucus with what looked like curds of milk in it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no not that im aware of. but he after he threw up last nigh which was around 3am, i put him back with the momma, and he just started eating excitedly again.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: not that im aware of, he ate before we left for work this morning,. and he hasnt thrown up anymore since last night, im just wondering if hes eating too much, cause nothing is wrong with the other puppies.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 month ago.

My name is*****’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health/ behavioral fields for 19+ years. It will be my pleasure to work with you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please help me,i might be looking into it too much , but one of my rottie pups threw up curdled milk last night around 3am, and i also noticed he had yellow runny mucus looking curdled milk poop, should i be worried? he the biggest and strongest pup out of the group

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Did your mom have any unusual treats recently?

Did she have any bacon, ham, fatty foods, etc?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no no unusual treat, although my husband started adding half a pill of prenatal vitamin to her food. but no treats. no , no fatty foods. which i told him today to stop adding the vitamin , so not sure if that would cause something or not.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i forgot to mention he threw up after we got home from the gym last night too, which again was curdled milk, it happened so fast almost as if he sneezed or burped, but it was definitely thick looking curdled milk. but he went to eating again like nothing happened, but like i said he did it again around 3am . my gut tells me hes eating too much , but not sure.