PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My dog has a skin infection and I wanted to know how much

Customer Question

My dog has a skin infection and I wanted to know how much SMz to give him and how often. 800/160mg is what I have on hand.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He weighs about 60lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: He has ear mites also but I am already treating those
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 30 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
His name is ***** ***** is 8 years old.

At 60#, Buddy's dosage can range from 400mg to 800mg. The easiest dosage for him would be 1/2 tablet of the 800/160mg tablets every 24 hours. Make sure that you are giving plenty of water and that he's eating a meal at the time of dosing. TMPS has a tendency to cause an upset stomach and Buddy may go off of his food if he's given this medication without something on his stomach. You can learn more here:

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: