Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

I think i have found the answer on your site she is very

Customer Question

Hello! I think i have found the answer on your site she is very docile today after lots of exciting times on the beach and constantly licking her anus doesnt want to play or have any love
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Biscuit, 1yr2mnth
JA: How old is Biscuit?
Customer: 1yr2mnth
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Biscuit?
Customer: woke me up in the middle of the night for a bathroom break last night first time in about 5 months
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 28 days ago.

Hi there! There are 3 issues that I can think of that would cause Biscuit to be licking excessively at her anus and acting lethargic- intestinal parasites (worms), anal gland issues, or diarrhea. If the bathroom break in the middle of the night was because she had diarrhea, I would recommend a bland diet of chicken and rice for 3-4 days, with a gradual transition to her regular diet over the following 2 days. If the bathroom break was not due to diarrhea and/or you're not sure what is bothering Biscuit, it would be prudent to have her evaluated by a veterinarian at your earliest convenience so that they can help you figure out what's wrong. If any new clinical signs have arisen since you first posted your question, please feel free to let me know what these are so I can better assist you. Thanks- Dr. C