Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.
How long ago did Ranger swallow it?
And you're positive he swallowed the pin?
Okay...great. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.
Since it happened so recently, the absolute best thing to do is to have him seen by an emergency vet right away. They'll be able to use an endoscope to remove the pin before it gets too far into the digestive tract.
We don't want it to go through the whole body because they're known to perforate (poke through) the intestinal tract which causes that material to spill into the abdomen, and that can be fatal...so have him seen right now.
If you're not sure where the nearest ER vet is, you can go to: ***** ***** plug in your zip code. They'll point you in the direction of the one nearest to you.
I hope this helps.