Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I took her to vet they say she has hook worms and whip worms

Customer Question

I took her to vet they say she has hook worms and whip worms they give her liquid wormer cause she wasn't eating that was on Tuesday they also give her prednisolone 5mg to be given every other day but her urine looks bloody now I don't have much money that visit took what little I had saved but I love my dog and just need help saving her please
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Blue and she 3
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Blue?
Customer: She's lost about 10 to 15lbs and barely wants to move or eat and her stomach is bloated
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 26 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How is Blue doing today?
Do you know what dewormer was used?
Is her urine red? brown?
Is she still drinking well?
Any vomiting or diarrhea?