Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

She wags her tail sits up at what point do i know that she

Customer Question

She wags her tail sits up at what point do i know that she doesnt have quality of life ? She always been just kinda lazy and loves lounging ..
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 29 days ago.

Thank-you for requesting me. It is a pleasure to assist you again. This is a hard question to answer. I have based my decision on several factors. the first is pain. If pain is causing my furbaby to not do things she normally did and enjoyed. Walks, playing, her treats. which was a special bonding time. I also base it on eating. When I could no longer get any food into her and she could no longer keep it down, that was a big issue. With my girl I watched a 120 pound dog shrink away. She still wanted to be loved and stayed close by me. She no longer had the energy to walk, did not or could not eat her food or her treats and was wasting away before my eyes. Using my knowledge I pulled out all the stops and I realized she was asking me to let her go. Was one of the hardest things for me to do. I had the ability to help her and it was not working. I knew it was time to let her go.

Decisions like this are hard, but Cancer is evil and robs us of our loved ones. In each case you have to judge by what your Furbaby is used to doing and how the Cancer is affecting them. I know this will be the toughest decision to make, but when we love them sometimes we have to let them go where no Cancer, No Pain and they can be free.

Expert:  Joan replied 29 days ago.

I closed your duplicate request and have typed your answer here. Please let me know if you need more help with this.

Expert:  Joan replied 27 days ago.
Hi Julie Johns,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?