Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

This beagle that's 13 years old is bleeding from his penis.

Customer Question

This beagle that's 13 years old is bleeding from his penis. It looks like there is some sort of blister at the end of it Could it be a bug bite since this is a singular incident?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the beagle?
Customer: That he did not have this yesterday. And he still seems to be energetic
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you attach a clear photo showing what you're seeing? Is he licking at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he is
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he is licking it. Here is a photo

This most certainly could be a sting or bite if it was not there yesterday. You can keep this area clean with a mild soap cleaning the area 2x daily and applying neosporin between cleanings. I would recommend an ecollar too so he does not make it worse. If this does worsen, your vet needs to examine it to be sure it's not a small tumor or abscess that requires removal or debridement.

Here's how to make an e-collar at home. Use this full time until the area has healed:

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Customer: replied 1 month ago.