Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My male husky, Ike, is almost 13 and ingreat condtion.

Customer Question

My male husky, Ike, is almost 13 and ingreat condtion. However, I have noticed a brown discoloration in the area around his muzzle. It is not dirt stain since I have tried to wash it and it does not do anything. I am thinking of making a vet appointment but wanted to see if there was any idea as to what this may be. It started appearing a few months ago.
JA: I'm sure Ike feels you are doing your best. What seems to be the problem with Ike?
Customer: I am not sure if I should be concerned about this discoloration I just sent over to you.
JA: Where does Ike seem to hurt?
Customer: He doesn't seem to be in any pain in that area. As i said, I am just trying to see if this discoloration is common in older huskies (he is black, grey and white) or if I should be looking into it further.
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ike?
Customer: No, he eats same as always so there is not pain. His appetite is good.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Please give me a moment to type my full response. Thank you.

Thank you for your patience. Is there any hair loss associated with the pigment change? Can you post a picture?

I notified Just Answer that there was a duplicate question from you, so they will take care of other posting.