Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident

The dog broke into my plastic pill dispenser and ate 12 Bone

Customer Question

The dog broke into my plastic pill dispenser and ate 12 Bone Maximizer pills sometime in the past 3 hours / also ate 6 of each of the following: fish oil vitamins, glucosamine and Complete EFA - she seems fine now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Effie - 60lb - 10
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Effie?
Customer: No- thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear about Elfie's dietary indiscretion. The most concerning thing that she ate are the bone maximizing pills but inorder to know for sure, I need to know that name of the active ingredient(s) in the pill or the mane of the medication. If you can give me this, I can look it up to see if this would potentially cause your dog a problem.

The EFA capsules, fish oil supplements, glucosamine and EFA are not likely to be an issue based on your dog's size.