Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

He vomited once yesterday has been dry heaving and making

Customer Question

He vomited once yesterday has been dry heaving and making weird noises but runs around wagging his tail. I am not sure if he is allergic to new food we got for him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Kingsley and he is one He sounds like he is wheezing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kingsley?
Customer: When we first got him they said he might have hip dysplasia. We just switched his food to science diet mobility and gave him glucosamine before this happened. He is a cockapoo/coton de tular
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Kingsley is having dry heaving.

A food allergy is definitely my first choice of possibilities when I see a dog with chronic intestinal signs, but is otherwise feeling good. Science Diet is a chicken and corn based food, but the mobility also has a significant portion of fish protein and oils in it.

What were you feeding before? I would read the ingredient labels and see if there is anything different between the two foods.

Also, glucosamine treats for dogs are often beef flavored, so that could be it as well.

I would consider putting him back on his old food and see if he returns to normal. If so, then try the food alone or the glucosamine alone to see if one of those is the trigger for the intestinal signs.

If he can't tolerate the Science Diet product, Royal Canin and Purina also have mobility diets as well.

Does this help? What other questions do you have?

Dr. Amanda

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He was on blu the salmon and the chicken before we knew of the mobility diet

Okay. That is a good food. I would recommend comparing the ingredients closely to see if there is something in the Science Diet that may be bothering him.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Amanda

How is Kingsley doing? Did you try changing his food back to his original flavor? Do you have any more questions for me?

Dr. Amanda