Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

I'm just looking for a dosage chart for a 50 lb dog for

Customer Question

I'm just looking for a dosage chart for a 50 lb dog for Combi Pen-48
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: He's an older dog, but has an abcess on his face, likely from getting into it with another dog
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tuff
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tuff?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now there are no dosage charts for dogs and this drug since it isn't licensed for this species. Still, I can tell you that we tend to give each component of this preparation is present at a rate of 150,000 units of each in each ml. The dose of each when used in dogs is

5,000 units per pound. Therefore, a 50lb dog can be given 250,000 (1.7ml) every 5 days. Of course, we do need to be aware that not all bacteria are susceptible to this drug and if the abscess doesn't settle, then you may need Tuff's vet to take a sample of the pus for culture/sensitivity to ID the bacteria present and determine what drugs it is vulnerable to.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )