Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

He has a number of decaying teeth, which we knew about, but

Customer Question

He has a number of decaying teeth, which we knew about, but had thought we would wait a little longer before having them extracted. (8 yr. old male chihuahua). However, he appears to be in distress today, with what sounds like teeth chattering, and the front teeth are extremely loose. Can I give him anything to relieve the pain until I can get to this vet in the morning?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lennon, 8 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lennon?
Customer: Not really, he in pretty good health other than his teeth. (which is something fairly new, at last year's annual they were fine, but were in really bad shape this year).
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Lennon. Either aspirin dosed at 10 mg/lb with food and repeated at 12 hour intervals or acetaminophen dosed at 7 mg/lb thrice daily should be helpful. You must avoid the toxic ibuprofen and naproxen in dogs. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like you to call me

I can't do so but I can opt out which will allow another expert who's allowed to to do so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you - I'll see if I can find an emergency clinic
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

JACustomer, were you able to locate an ER clinic in your area?