Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My friends pitbull has been throwing up its food every time

Customer Question

My friends pitbull has been throwing up its food every time it eats. Dog has lost a lot of weight. This has been going on for months. Her vet has done blood work ran dye and says he can't find anything. And there is blood in the stool every know and again. Just trying to get an opinion so maybe she can mention to vet. To hopefully find out what's going on. Just went and visited over weekend and witnessed the throwing up. It happens everyday.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: It did try to eat the puke.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Can you please attach a copy of the blood work?
2) What food is the dog on right now? Any dietary changes been tried?
3) Is the dog on any medication at this time? Any success in the past with any medication? If so, what?
4) Has a referral to a specialist been mentioned? GI biopsies?
5) How old is the pitbull?