Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Took to Vet last Monday for not eating and pooping. Vet gave

Customer Question

Took to Vet last Monday for not eating and pooping. Vet gave enema and medecine to help her bowels to lubricate. Took her to vet yestersay, and another enema and they took a lot of poop out. Dog ate good last night. However today wont eat or drink and looks bad. Dog is only one year old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: How come she wont eat or drink today
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Luna
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. To answer you directly, I need to know why a young dog is anorexic and constipated. I would incriminate that underlying etiology for her not eating or drinking today. Alternatively, her enema was quite aggressive and bacterial translocation occurred; in other words, an endotoxemia has arisen. This describes a situation in which bacterial toxins can be absorbed through devitalized bowel and intoxicate my patient. Be sure to let Luna's vet know what you're seeing. Endotoxemia can be life-threatening.

May I have an update on Luna, please?