Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I think that I may have forgotten to give my schnauzer who

Customer Question

I think that I may have forgotten to give my schnauzer who has chronic pancreatitis and heart failure her heartworm med, interceptor, on Sept 1st. Should u give it to her now and on oct. 1st?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Molly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?
Customer: She is 12 yrs old
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I have picked up your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience in treating cats and dogs and smaller pets, rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect to receive a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

This is no problem, however I have worked out a fuller answer for you below.

1. Ideally Interceptor Flavor Tabs should be administered monthly, preferably on the same date each month. However for you the best thing to do is to dose Molly now and then carry on the monthly dosing regime starting one month from today.

2. Even if you did give the dose on September the first the additional dose today will not cause any harm.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Molly is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Interceptor dosing ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.