Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She has a bloody discharge from her tear duct. Her eyes have

Customer Question

She has a bloody discharge from her tear duct. Her eyes have had discharge like snot the last week and tonight the left eye that has a skin tag in the edge of the eyelid is discharging the bloody mucus. I tried to open her eye to see where the bleeding is coming from and she is uncomfortable--I observed blood around the eyeball but not in the retina or cornea.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Blaise. She's 12 1/2 years.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Blaise?
Customer: She has cushings disease and muscle wasting. She has a tumor on her right chest arm area.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Does it look like the skin or skin tag by the eye has ulcerated?

Any changes to the eyeball itself (ie hazing/clouding or scratches to the cornea)?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.