Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He ingested an adderral tablet, he's 3 months old and maybe

Customer Question

He ingested an adderral tablet, he's 3 months old and maybe weighs 2.5 lbs. I do have hydrogen peroxide in the house.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tito
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tito?
Customer: He wouldn't come to me for about 30 minutes, now is on my shoulder and was very restless initially and now he's laying on my shoulder
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Should I do anything for him?

That's a very serious intoxication in a 2.5 lb dog. At just 2-3 mg/kg, seizures and coma can arise. It would be prudent to have Tito decontaminated by his vet and then tubed with activated charcoal - the universal antidote. If he's already symptomatic, dosing with 3% hydrogen peroxide can be dangerous.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm going to call his veterinarian, thank you for your help

You're welcome. I would show up at the vet hospital and insist upon being seen immediately.