Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My suddenly just wanted to stay in her own bed and didn't

Customer Question

My ***** ***** suddenly just wanted to stay in her own bed and didn't want to go out even though she was needing to pee and poo. She cried when lifted or even just at door on way back in. She also shakes. I took her to the vet but they couldn't find anything wrong. This has lasted a week so far and sometimes she goes back to her normal self following me around and wanting out and cuddling up. She been eating and drinking as well but sone times hand fed. There's been no change in her routine so do not know why she seels to be so sad.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. How old is Russell?
Customer: Zara will be 10 in November
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Russell?
Customer: Not that I can think of apart from the fact that she gets immunotherapy injections ever 6 weeks and other medication to treat her allergy to all trees and grasses since she was born
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What medications is Zara taking at this time?
2) Did your vet perform any x-rays on her?
3) Are the symptoms better than they were or the same?