Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

3lbs dog got a liquid gel tab didn't not swallow it but did

Customer Question

3lbs dog got a liquid gel tab didn't not swallow it but did chew on it we found it stuck to her face last night she has vomited and pooped green turds since what should I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Doodie 3-4 years teacup yorkie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Doodie?
Customer: we found this last night she vomited this morning and pooped but her heart seems to be racing now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 month ago.

What medication was this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not sure thought it looked like an Advil gel tab
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 month ago.

Ok thanks.

If it were Advil, that can be toxic to the liver and kidneys. If it was something else, it really depends on the amount ingested and what it is.

To be safe, I would get some bloodwork checked. I would check the kidney values, liver values and electrolytes. If anything is abnormal, then it can be treated specifically. If it's normal, then we at least know it's nothing too serious.

If normal bloodwork, then I would treat the GI upset symptomatically with an antacid and anti-nausea meds as needed.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?