Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.
What medication was this?
If it were Advil, that can be toxic to the liver and kidneys. If it was something else, it really depends on the amount ingested and what it is.
To be safe, I would get some bloodwork checked. I would check the kidney values, liver values and electrolytes. If anything is abnormal, then it can be treated specifically. If it's normal, then we at least know it's nothing too serious.
If normal bloodwork, then I would treat the GI upset symptomatically with an antacid and anti-nausea meds as needed.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.