Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Labrador retriever up in mountain cabin with wife is trying

Customer Question

labrador retriever up in mountain cabin with wife is trying to thriow ukp for couple of hours but cant ..his chest is swollen and he is very agitated... should she bring him down to the city or is there something we can give him to throw up?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: He may have, he usually roams around the mountain Mount Charleston near Las Vegas) but he is not one to eat stuff he doesnt know according to wife he is really panting and stressing...She is on phone, no internet service where she is.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charleston?
Customer: No other than cabin has the outside walls stained. 7500 feet elevation..
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Oh dear,

If your lad is trying to vomiting unsuccessfully and is bloated, then we need him to an ER vet right away. This doesn't sound like a straight forward nausea/GI upset that we'd want to manage at home. To see both those signs together raise worries of a gut twist (GDV) or bloat, which is an emergency situation and quite painful (why he is so stressed and agitated). So, we'd want her down with him right away to have him seen urgently

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )