Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My 4 year old welsh terrier is acting weird at night. stays

Customer Question

My 4 year old welsh terrier is acting weird at night. stays close and acts like she is sniffing the air alot.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the Welsh terrier?
Customer: The last two nights she has been acting weird at night. Both days she ate and went for walks and peed and pooped just fine. Just as we start to retire for the evening she starts getting nervous, and breathing/sniffing in shorts bouts.
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the Welsh terrier will be able to digest that. What is the Welsh terrier's name?
Customer: Digest what?
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Welsh terrier?
Customer: No. she has been in good humor and eating fine. I even checked her poop just now and it was fine. nothing in it that I could see. Only the last part of it was semi-loose. If she looks at something it seems like it is her back end.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 month ago.

My name is*****’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health/ behavioral fields for 19+ years. It will be my pleasure to work with you.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Is she scooting on her rear at all?

Any rice like things in the feces?

Does she act like something is scaring her?

What part of the country do you live in?

I'm on call so I may be called away so it might take me an hour or so to get back to you. I hope that is ok with you.

Do you still have an issue with your girl?