Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

My 30 pound puppy ate organic rose tone food earlier today.

Customer Question

My 30 pound puppy ate organic rose tone food earlier today. Found her an hour ago not able to get up and walk and stomach is bloated. She ate it around 1230 this afternoon. It is now 945 . I do not how much she ate
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dixie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dixie?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Category: Dog
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 2 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Is there a local emergency clinic in your area?

Can you post the name of the product please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Espoma. Organic rose tone rose and flower food

Is Dixie still not able to walk? Is she breathing normally?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She is more alert but can't stand. She was shaking badly earlier. Heart was pounding hard but now she seems relaxed

Is her abdomen is bloated and she can't stand, you really need to get her to a local emergency clinic. If you do not know of one, I can help you find one. It sounds like she is in shock.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am totally unable to do so until morning. Thats why I reached out online.. I can go as early as 6 am. tomorrow. She wants to drink water.

I would let her have some water, but in small increments. What type of puppy and how old? What color are her gums? Is there anything else she could have gotten into? I would not expect her abdomen to be bloated with just eating a small amount of fertilizer. It can cause gastrointestinal issues, but could possibly cause liver or kidney injury in large volumes. Did she eat a large amount?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I really don't know. I was putting it out and she visited each place I put it, maybe 2 cups total on rose bushes. and I ended up chasing her with the water hose. I just took her out to pee, holding her up with a towel around her middle. She is a dane pit mix and alittle over 4 mo approx. She was a stray

Did she eat dinner tonight? Could she have broken into the dog food?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dogs can't get to food. Yes she ate. She is trying to get up . Is it ok to lay her in grass to go to the bathroom. She can sit up but noy walk. Stomach is real gurggly
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

It is absolutely okay for her to lay in the grass to urinate.

The gurgling stomach typically means she will have diarrhea.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Then thats good??

good in the sense that hopefully this will help with the bloated abdomen. Did she drink water?

I am going to be online for about 20 more minutes. I can continue to answer questions for a bit longer. I will check in again in the morning.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. Took her outside again, shes sleeping and I'm going ro try the same

Your welcome. take care.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

katjadvm