Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Can't get appointment until next is there anything we can

Customer Question

Can't get appointment until next is there anything we can give her over counter or should we try an ER hospital????
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I understand you were hoping to speak with Dr. B. It appears that they are not on right now, so I have stepped in to assist you.

If Yazzie cannot be examined for potential kennel cough until next week, it would be ideal to go to the local ER to have her examined and treatment started. Another option may be to contact a different veterinary hospital in your area to see if they have a spot available so that she can be examined. Antibiotics are needed, which require a prescription, so she must be examined in order to get treatment started.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.