Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My 10 month old chow chow puppy has a bright red ball that

Customer Question

My 10 month old chow chow puppy has a bright red ball that is on the side of the tip of his penis. What is this & what brought this on?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Brule
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Brule?
Customer: No. He doesn't seem to be in pain. I'm about to take him for a walk to see if he behaves normal or has difficulty urinating
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has this been present?

Does it look like a lump extending from the skin?

Is it near the tip?

Any history of trauma?

Since your description raises a few concerns, can you take a photo of this as it will let me see what you are seeing? To post online, you can use the paperclip icon above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.