Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I just got a puppy and she is about 5-6 weeks old. i know

Customer Question

i just got a puppy and she is about 5-6 weeks old. young i know but the mother stopped feeding her pups. anyways. i think she might be blind but she doesnt run into things. her eyes both of them are sorta cloudy and bluish greenish. i know puppies are born with this sorta eye color but she doesnt follow my hand or me when i walk away. she can sorta see shadows and she goes on her sense of smell to know that its me. but she will whimper for me after shes done going potty outside and when i call her or make a noise she defiantlyh hears me but she runs in the opposite direction. i looked at her eyes really close this morning and it was so wild because it was almost as if she had colored contacts and they were kinda sliding . her eyes almost seem to veer off in opposite ways. i am defiantly going to get her into the vet in about a week when i have the money but what is your opinion
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: um no but i did see her chewing on her foot once but she runs and jumps and can be very fiesty. she has a awesome appetite as well
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: trouble
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about trouble?
Customer: well i do know that she is from a few generations of inbreeding. meaning her mom had pups with her son then again with her son from that litter later on
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 months ago.

Could you take a picture of her eyes and post it here?