Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog ate a sst energy pill And he's breathing real hard

Customer Question

My dog ate a sst energy pill And he's breathing real hard and panting. He's a pomeranian
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bear 3 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bear?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Bear's behavior was likely due to the cafffeine in that product which will cause agitation at doses of 9 mg/lb. The ingredient list in the SST pill appears to be proprietary. I couldn't locate the amount of caffeine in each pill. May I have an update on Bear, please?