Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

He is a six year old Akita and has a dark red growth o his

Customer Question

He is a six year old Akita and has a dark red growth o his upper inner lip . It's round small as a pea.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Kenji. It doesn't bother him and he eats and drinks just fine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kenji?
Customer: Not about this. He is happy, healthy and loves to play.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Any mouth mass/growth needs to be investigated as considered potentially cancerous until proven benign. You need to take Kenji to your vet and have the mass removed and sent to a veterinary pathologist to have it looked at to make sure it is not a cancer. Your vet will know where to send it. You cannot tell by simply looking at most growths if they are a problem or not. There are only a very few that this can be done with. I hope this helps you but please let me know if you need additional help or have additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB

30 Au

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Fast and helpful A+++++
Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

Thank you very much, but let me know if you need anything else. And please rate my service. That is the only way I am compensated. There is a place for you choose how well I did. Thank you. DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. You have to hit rate my service on the page you are on or I am not compensated. Thank you very much!A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

I still have not received a rating from you....would you mind please rating me as that is the only way I am compensated.

Thank you, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 8 months ago.

You can contact customer service if you are not sure how to rate me....thank you, DRB