Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

5 month old puppies may have ingested 300 MG COQ10. Will

Customer Question

5 month old puppies may have ingested 300 MG COQ10. Will this harm them?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Charley and Louie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Charley?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

No, there's no reason to believe you'll see any adverse effects at all. We dose this coenzyme to dogs - heart patients, mainly - and see no adverse effects. CoQ-10 appears to be extremely safe. Veterinary supervision is advised, however, to ensure that pets with severe heart disease are improving and that any declines in function are addressed. The maximum safe dosages of CoQ-10 for young children, pregnant or nursing women, or those with severe liver or kidney disease has not been determined; the same is true for pets of similar circumstances.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My main concern was the age of the puppy. No unusual behavior thus far however it's been approximately 30 minutes. I'll keep an eye on them. I'm confident that they'll be OK. Thank you very much for the information and your time. Goodnight

You're quite welcome. Please note that this coenzyme is present in every cell of the puppy's body. It's a natural substance and likely to be impossible to overdose. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?