Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I asked a question yesterday I took my puppy to the vet

Customer Question

I asked a question yesterday I took my puppy to the vet today and they told me he has parvo so he is staying there for fluids thru an iv and antibiotics. he is vaccinated with his first shot and has only been at home and not around any other dog feces that are not from home. is there any possibility it could be something else that can cause reddish brown foul smelling diarhea
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Raider
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Raider?
Customer: No I just told her that he was vomiting and started with diarrhea but he was drinking a lot of water and walking around slowly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How was the parvo diagnosed? Did they perform blood work and a parvo-specific test?