Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Shih tzu is 5 months old has hard lumps on root of fur

Customer Question

Shih tzu is 5 months old has hard lumps on root of fur around the neck they are reddish and scabby I have just noticed them today She is brushed and groomed everyday but plays outside a lot.She has been fleaed and bathed last weekend.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Shih tzu?
Customer: no very happy and lively hasn't itched that area they are on the top of her collar line
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is it possible for you to take a picture of the lesions and post or attach them to your next message?