Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Can't breath through her nose, honey yellow lab 11 years

Customer Question

can't breath through her nose
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: honey yellow lab 11 years old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: I took her to the vet she charged me $250 and gave me some antihistamines
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Other than the fact that she sounds like The Walking Dead LOL she just is not breathing through her nose
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Honey. How long has she been unable to breathe through her nose? Is there any nasal discharge, sneezing, or deformity of her nose or face? Is she open mouth breathing? In most cases, the most expedient manner in which to proceed is to have Honey's nose scoped +/- biopsied while she's anesthetized. We're mainly looking for neoplasia (cancer) in her nasal passage(s) with fungal granuloma(s) and immune-mediated plasmacytic/lymphocytic rhinitis lesser considerations. Antihistamines aren't expected to be helpful in a dog so severely affected that breathing through her nose isn't possible.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?