Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

A urine test and chest x Rey show an infection. She's been

Customer Question

A urine test and chest x Rey show an infection. She's been on antibiotics for 7 days. She has 7 more to go but her nose is still congested and she doesn't seem better.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sadie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sadie?
Customer: She started out with a tooth infection. She took anti biotic a for 10 days then had the tooth extracted and had her teeth cleaned. A week later her nose became congested and there was an opening at the side of her mouth. She again took anti biotic a for 10 days. She seemed better than it came back with a vengeance and she also had bloody mucous. I took her back and they did blood work and urine work. The blood work was fine but her urine test showed severe infection and her chest showed a cloudiness on one side that the vet said it could be infection or fungas or cancer. Because of the tribe test we are giving her again antibiotics for 14 days. Clavonox. This time it's a much bigger pill. I sent the 5$ but did not get an answer
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Is it blood nasal mucus or from her mouth?

Does she have nasal discharge from both or one nostril?

What do you mean by "tribe test"? Did they take a culture of lung fluid or nasal discharge?