Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

Well, whenever she like likes her lips or after she gets

Customer Question

Well, whenever she like likes her lips or after she gets done yawning, her jaw starts to pop.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sammy and she's 3 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sammy?
Customer: Wednesday night, I fed her a Beggin Strip to her and ripped it up into small pieces and after she ate a piece, she started acting like there was a piece in her mouth that she couldnt get out so I looked and nothing, she stopped moving her mouth and went to bed. I woke up today and whenever she yawns, or licks her lips, her jaw pops and she still acts like there's something in her mouth when both me and my mom checked and nothing is there.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Based on the signs you have reported, I suspect Sammy has pulled or strained a muscle in her jaw. When this happens, we can have a loosened connection at the jaw and can hear popping. Often it doesn't fully dislocate (else she'd not be able to close her mouth and likely wouldn't eat for us), but we do usually need to rest the jaw +/- start dog safe anti-inflammatories. If her signs are mild, you can plan to offer soft foods for the week (no chews, Beggin strips, or hard kibble) to see if this settles for her. If it doesn't, then you can have her vet start anti-inflammatories to try to settle this and just check that there is nothing else amiss in the jaw (not likely at her age and without a serious history of trauma).

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )