Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Medical Director at Union Hill Animal Hospital

He is a puppy, 4 months old. This morning is the first I

Customer Question

he is a puppy, 4 months old. This morning is the first I noticed that he began to have spastic jerky movement of his feet and body. They even scare him, he looks at me and looks at himself and barks because he doesn't understand what is happeneing to him. We are going to vet in the morning, but I am trying to get some ideas about what this could be. He is a Shih Poo. Was just neutered 2 days ago.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Angus Greyfoot
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Angus Greyfoot?
Customer: Nothing I can think of. He is eating and happy and has regular bowel movements and is urinating fine.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I'd like to help you and Angus Greyfoot (I love that name!). Without seeing the movements in person, I'd be worried about things like low blood sugar, a mild seizure, pain, luxating patella's (knee caps that slide out of place). If it is intermittent, I'd video it for your vet if possible, to try to get the best possible diagnosis.

If I have answered your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated for my time). If not, please reply back and I am happy to answer additional questions. Thank you.