Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

About 2 weeks ago I gave her a large pork bone. Please spare

Customer Question

About 2 weeks ago I gave her a large pork bone. Please spare me a lecture of why I should not have done this. right now. She seems to have a bowel obstruction fancy cost as if and gags a lot. She had a very small bowel movement this morning I have no money for a vet visit and certainly not the surgery. She is a 12 and a half year old chocolate lab I've had her since she was five and a half weeks old. If she's too sick to be helped I just like to have her put down.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Abby
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Abby?
Customer: After eating the bones she threw up 3 times large amounts of food and some shattered bone. She didn't eat for about 5 days but she is now eating a little bit of canned food rice and boiled hamburger. But only very small amounts she used to be about 80 pounds but I'm sure she's not bad now
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Are you seeing any vomiting or diarrhea?
2) Any blood in the stool?
3) Is she passing bone fragments in her stool yet?