Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

For the past 2 days, toy fox terrier first started shaking

Customer Question

For the past 2 days, toy fox terrier first started shaking which has always been a sign of upset tummy; however, yesterday she starting yelping. She can just be lying there and suddenly yelps. I gave her something for nausea the first day, and finally last evening gave her a dose of famotadine and Xanax....Noted this a.m., she did this again.....she is walking with ears flat, tail tucked, and no one can pick her up. She was able to go out yesterday and ran and barked. Not sure if she hurt her back, if its her tummy or what?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the fox terrier?
Customer: She's very hard to read as she is a drama queen anyway....she is eating and drinking. I almost gave her some Ace last evening just to get her to settle down and rest, but I didn't.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear your dog is having this problem.

Is she having any vomiting or diarrhea?

Any trauma or falls that might have happened?